Coming soon from eFitzgerald... available in print and in eformat

Hello and welcome to our book's blog. How David Met Sarah is the story of a young man with Down Syndrome who falls in love with a young woman with autism. What makes How David Met Sarah different from any of my previous work is that I wrote the book for my youngest brother. He is 36 and has Down Syndrome.
I wrote How David Met Sarah with two goals in mind: to give my brother a story he could read and enjoy on his own, as well as one that had a hero with which he could identify. Like the main character in the story, my brother lives at home with his parents, works in a mail room and has even been in love.
I didn't intend to publish the story at first. My brother loved the initial chapters, and that was enough to encourage me to complete it. But one day I needed a sample manuscript to use at a writing workshop. The only work in progress I had to share was this one. I used the opening chapters in the workshop, and the response was so positive, I was encouraged to share the story with everyone.
How David Met Sarah is a story that is not only accessible to those with developmental disabilities, but also offers insight into what it's like to live with such a disability. My brother and I hope everyone enjoys it. Thanks for stopping by....Annie Kelleher (and David Kelly)

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Will you help us? Here's how...

Have you read and enjoyed How David Met Sarah?  Would you like a free copy of the next book in the series, When David was Surprised?  Please consider helping spread the word.

Here are a few things you can do:

1.  Help us social network.  Follow me on Twitter (@anniekelleher) and reTweet my tweets.  "Like" the book's page on Facebook, and invite your friends to "like" it, too.  Share the page's content - I'll be updating it soon, I promise! "Follow" this blog and comment... comments are wonderfully appreciated!  The top reTweeter, Facebook Friend (in terms of sharing and referring friends) and Blog Follower (in terms of commenting and sharing) will win a copy of the new book. 

2. We are happy to donate copies of How David Met Sarah to libraries.  Just email me (AnnieKelleher@aol.com) the name of your local librarian in charge of acquisitions, and the address of the library.   I'm also available to speak and sign at local libraries as well.  Help me make the contact; your community wins and so do you. 

3. Go to your local Barnes & Noble bookstore and ask for it.  Copies can be ordered, and if enough people ask for the books, the stores will start to stock them.  Email me the name and information of the store manager or the person who arranges signings and win the next book. 

4. Tell your friends.  Signed bookplates are available...the person who requests the most bookplates for friends who bought copies will receive the new book, too. 

People who've read the story tell me how much they love it... thank you so much from the bottom of my chest (as my brother would say) if you can help us reach others who might enjoy it, too.   When David was Surprised will be available in both eformat and hard copy on my birthday, March 31. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: